The International School of Latvia celebrates its 20th Anniversary this year. The longest established international school in Latvia is made up to more than 30 different nationalities from ages 3 to 18. ISL sees itself as a school that develops not only the academic abilities of each child but also develops the "whole person" building an open minded body of students with a strong global perspective.
We are also part of CEESA (Central and Eastern European Schools Asscoiation) and out sports teams regularly travel around Europe to compete against other International schools within our Conference. Team spirit is high at ISL and as each team leaves we build a "spirit tunnel" to cheer them on their way.
Benefits of an ISL Education
- An integrated curriculum of academics, athletics, and the arts. Diverse and interesting after school activities and clubs.
- A student/teacher ratio that fosters individualized instruction.
- A High-calibre international faculty from The United States of America, Canada, the UK, Australia and Latvia who engage students in their studies.
- Three international education programs for students ages 3 to 18 which work in close cooperation with IB World Schools.
- Advanced technology including: classroom instruction using interactiveBoards, one-to-one computers in lower school and projectors in every classroom that support the overall education of students.
- A Community Service program teaching responsibility and character through service.
- Competitive no-cut athletic programs for 6th through 12th grade students.
- Graduates who are ready for the demands of colleges and universities.
- A college guidance program focused on finding the right college fit for students.